SERIES’ WOMEN, the first career enhancement programme for female producers in the European drama series industry, announces its line-up of 20 participants for the inaugural 2021 edition. The selected producers are hailing from 13 different European countries and their films and series have been presented at acclaimed international festivals such as Venice, Berlin, or Toronto and were nominated or won awards like the Golden Globe, Danish Film Award, Swiss Film Award, or the Crystal Globe of the Karlovy Vary International Film Festival.
Through its holistic approach, SERIES’ WOMEN fosters the producers' access to industry markets, supports the building of professional networks and offers access to top industry experts as mentors to take the producers’ careers to the next level. In addition to live online workshops conducted by highly experienced business trainers and a self-study phase with access to EPI's innovative online courses, the programme stands out by providing curated mentoring and pitching training as well as full-delegate access and exclusive pitching and networking opportunities at Series Mania Forum 2021. Mentors of SERIES’ WOMEN 2021 are acclaimed international industry professionals such as Robert Franke (Vice President Drama, ZDF Enterprises, SLØBORN , BEFORE WE DIE ) and Leontine Petit (Producer/CEO, Lemming Film, HEIRS OF THE NIGHT , BERLIN ALEXANDERPLATZ , MONOS , amongst others.
With gender parity appearing on the agenda of many institutions and lawmakers, female producers still seem to lack equal opportunities when it comes to market access, visibility and the growth of careers. SERIES' WOMEN addresses these issues head-on and strives to tackle underrepresentation in the audiovisual industry by boosting individual careers. The broad variety of the programme elements paves the way for a significant increase in industry exposure and business opportunities for the producers and their projects.
Over the course of the past several years, EPI initiated a variety of programmes focusing on gender parity and strengthening women’s opportunities within the German market, such as sparkx, shift|F and shift_culture. With SERIES’ WOMEN, EPI addresses an international audience, focusing on producers working in the ever-growing field of European drama series.
Gudny Hummelvoll, president of the European Producers Club, comments: “We as the EPC are honored to partner up with EPI on this important initiative and thrilled to see many experienced producers from our international network involved in mentoring tomorrow’s creators. As a producer myself, I highly welcome the initiative’s goal of enhancing female producers’ careers and view it as a first step toward seeing all talents flourishing equally.”
Dina Rubanovitš, Head of International Training & Business Strategy at EPI, says: “The response of the industry to the launch of SERIES’ WOMEN has been overwhelming and has emphasized the continuing importance of the work that has to be done to achieve gender parity in our industry. With the female leadership programmes for the national market, EPI has already taken several important steps towards tackling gender inequality, and we are now delighted to approach the issue on an international level. The cohort of producers selected for the 2021 edition already possess a lot of talent and knowledge, and the participation in SERIES’ WOMEN will help boost their careers and find their standing in the industry.”
The first edition of SERIES' WOMEN will run between April and September 2021.
Full list of selected producers:
- Mille Bjørke, Mastiff, Denmark I Producer THE EXCEPTION (2020), THREE HEISTS AND A HAMSTER (2017)
- Lindsay Campbell, Mesmeric Pictures, Ireland I Producer HERSTORY IRELAND’S EPIC WOMEN (2020), HANDY (2019), SANDBOY (2014)
- Pilar Crespo, Magnetika Films, Spain I Producer THE SECRET OF BÉLMEZ (2019), THE TRAGEDY OF BIESCAS (2019), THE LAST SHOT (2018)
- Johanna Enäsuo, MRP Matila Röhr Productions, Finland I Producer PEACEMAKER (2020), BAYONETA (2018)
- Jessica Hefti, Zodiac Pictures, Switzerland I TV Producer TATORT – ZÜRI BRÄNNT (2020), Executive Producer LE VOYAGEUR (2016)
- Caroline Houben, Climax Films, Belgium I Co-Producer ATLAS (2021), THE MAN WITHOUT GRAVITY (2019)
- Karen Kristensen, Drive Studios, Denmark I Producer LIMBOLAND S2 (2021), Associate Producer THE DAY WE DIED (2020), Producer IN A MONTH (2017)
- Nadine Lüchinger, Filmgerberei, Switzerland I Producer METTA DA FEIN (2020), ALA KACHUU (2020)
- Abigail Mallia, Take//Two, Malta I Producer/Director MARYANNE (2020), HOLY MARY! (2018), THE EVANGELISTS (2008)
- Anna Mannion, Tri Moon Films, Ireland I Producer SKIP TO THE END (2019)
- Sarah Marks, MARKS, Belgium I Producer PATRICK (2019), Co-Producer BUMPERKLEEF (2019)
- Mette Mikkelsen, New Tales, Denmark I Co-Producer BLURRED VISION (2019), Producer NEEDLE BOY (2016)
- Annett Neukirchen, Aspekt Telefilm-Produktion, Germany I Executive Producer BROTHER (2017), Producer NEUE VAHR SÜD (2010)
- Maja Pek-Brünjes, Antitalent, Croatia I Producer STORKMAN (2020), THE LAST WELL (2017), GORAN (2016)
- Barbara Pichler, KGP Filmproduktion, Austria I Producer TAXI, TAXI (2021), THE GIRL FROM THE MOUNTAIN LAKE (2020), AT THE BARRACKS (2019)
- Flora Rumpler, Razor Film Produktion, Germany I Assistant Producer THE PERFECT CANDIDATE (2019), Producer INVISIBLE (2016)
- Kristin Ulseth, Miso Film, Norway I Producer GILBERT'S GRIM REVENGE (2016), ODD IS AN EGG (2016), HOKUS POKUS ALFIE ATKINS (2013)
- Anette Unger, Leitwolf Filmproduktion, Germany I Co-Producer ROMYS SALON (2019) Assistant Producer ONCE UPON A TIME IN INDIAN COUNTRY (2017)
- Margarita Veberaite, Shakehaus, United Kingdom/Lithuania I Producer PITY PARTY (2019), TOMORROW MIGHT BE THE DAY (2018), EVENT HORIZON (2016)
- Lena Weiss, Glitter & Doom Filmproduktion, Austria I Producer NORA'S ARK (2020), WINGS OF THE SPIRIT (2019), Production Manager STROKE OF LUCK (2019)
We would like to thank our partners for supporting SERIES’ WOMEN 2021:
Centre du Cinéma et de l’Audiovisuel, Creative Europe Desk Austria - Media, FOCAL, ProPro - The Producers' Programme for Women, Screen Brussels, Vlaams Audiovisueel Fonds, Wallimage, Series Mania Forum, The European Producers Club, European Women's Audiovisual Network – EWA, Göteborg Film Festival and Women in Film & Television International
For more information on SERIES' WOMEN: Dina Rubanovitš | Head of International Training & Business Strategy |
T: +49 331 76 99 15 06 | firstname.lastname@example.org