The TV Lab is aimed at screenwriters, producers and commissioning editors. The sessions examine all components that are essential for a successful long running TV Drama series. Experienced industry professionals from Europe and the US share their knowledge and offer exclusive insights. Think Tanks provide the participants the opportunity to compare perspectives with other established professionals. Moreover, the participants will profit from excellent networking opportunities.
|Target Group||Scriptwriters, producers and broadcasters|
- Develop specific skills to enhance and deliver sustainable and returning international TV series
- Access to top industry professionals from across Europe and the US
- Access up-to-date information on trends inthe TV sector globally
- Understand the elements behind the successof US drama series
- Adapt this knowledge to European market
- Learn best practice lessons from cutting-edge European case studies
- Participate in excellent networking opportunities
This programme is designed for experienced professionals in the TV drama industry:
- Creative and Executive Producers
Module 1: The Framework for Successful European TV Drama Series
- State of the industry
- Trends in series storytelling
- Legal and financial aspects of European co-productions
- Latest trends in 360° content
- Best practice lessons from successful European and US series
Participants will take part in ‘think tanks’ to discuss how the knowledge gained can be adapted and applied to the European industry.
Module 2: The Creative Maze
The second module emphasizes the creative aspects and offers participants unique insights into the “ins and outs” of the successful US TV series.
- The principles behind the Writers' Room
- The role of the Showrunner
- Management of creative teams
After two introductory seminar days, the participants will be divided into groups to explore in greater depth specific topics relevant to their professional backgrounds.
Writers’ Room Simulation (Writers and Creative Producers
Previous Experts include
What former Participants say
- Working with Criminal Minds' Simon Mirren was a mind-blowing experience. Also, I met a producer at the Lab who asked me to work on a script. We just sold the script to a network. This workshop was worth every minute!Richard Kropf, Co-Creator YOU ARE WANTED, Co-Creator / Writer 4 BLOCKS, Germany
- The TV Lab was really inspiring and excellent for networking! Great to have both creative and business perspectives as well as the European and the US TV markets reflected. I am truly happy that I had prioritized my time to be a part of it.Charlotte Pedersen, Co-Producer THE HUNT, Zentropa Productions, Denmark
- To be able to communicate with people, share experience, learn so much about what makes great TV and expand your creative horizons – truly amazing! Both theory and practice met in this programme and it was simply flawless!Hristo Rayanov, Screenwriter, Dream Team Films, Bulgaria
- I have been to quite a few educational events through the years, but the TV Lab was outstanding in every sense of the word and in every aspect of its content.Janne Wallin, Writer, former Head of Drama at TV4, Sweden
- Given the reputation of EU TV Series Lab, my expectations were set very high prior to the actual thing. But, after the whole experience I can truly say that the lab exceeded my expectations. I got all that I was looking for and much more! Amazing!Vuk Rsumovic, Screenwriter / Director, BaBoon Production, Serbia
Applicants should be citizens of countries in the European Union or countries associated with the Creative Europe - MEDIA Programme of the European Union.
A limited number of seats for non-European participants is also available.
Applicants need substantial writing experience in scripted drama (writing credits on a minimum of at least one script produced for broadcast or web)
Creative and Executive Producers
Eligible applicants need a minimum of 5 years experience (minimum of one TV series produced for broadcast.)
Eligible applicants include Head of Development, Head of Programming, Head of TV Drama.
Applications from other experienced representatives from these departments must be agreed in advance.