Press release: New round starts on July 3 in Berlin
This year’s edition of the European TV Drama Lab (TV Lab) is featuring US showrunner, director and executive producer Jon Feldman as one of its top experts. Jon has successfully managed hit shows such as DESIGNATED SURVIVOR, SALEM, DIRTY SEXY MONEY. Once again, the European TV Drama Lab 2018 gathers TV drama professionals – experienced screenwriters, creative and executive producers and broadcasters – from 17 different European countries.
The TV Lab is presented by the Erich Pommer Institut in association with MediaXchange in Berlin. The first module of this year’s Lab, titled “The Framework for Successful European TV Drama Series”, runs from July 3 – 8. The second module, “The Creative Maze”, is set for October 29 – November 4.
Participants will benefit from the knowledge and expertise of highly acclaimed experts who are available for interviews:
- Jon Feldman, Showrunner, Director, EP DESIGNATED SURVIVOR, SALEM, DIRTY SEXY MONEY, USA
- Robert Franke, Vice President Drama, ZDF Enterprises, Germany
- Tatjana Andersson, Creative Development Consultant, Fractal Volcano, Sweden
- Daniel Lägersten, Executive Producer, Brain Academy, Sweden
- Justin Judd, Director, iRights, UK
- Emma Turner, Supervising Producer, HBO Europe, UK
- Felice Götze, Screenwriter/ Director, Germany
- Rose of Dolls, Producer, Series Land, Spain
- Esther Wouda, Writer / Script Editor, Gloworm Film, The Netherlands
About the EUROPEAN TV DRAMA LAB
The TV Lab is one of the eminent professional training programmes for the TV drama industry. It is aimed at screenwriters, producers and commissioning editors. The sessions examine all components that are essential for a successful long running TV Drama series. Experienced industry professionals from Europe and the US share their knowledge and offer exclusive insights. Think Tanks provide the participants the opportunity to compare perspectives with other established professionals. New European case studies will pave the way to innovative and successful series formats.