- You are a business owner or decision-maker in your company.
- Your company is part of the audiovisual industry, e.g., production company, sales agent, festival or distributor.
- You want to build a stable foundation for your company to ensure its sustainable success.
- You are seeking investments for your company and want to understand what investors are looking for.
- You want to cease opportunities that arise through digitalization.
- You want to learn from best-practice examples how to use innovation tools to your advantage.
- You want to build a roadmap for the future away from the daily tasks of your work.
- You want to meet and learn from fellow European audiovisual professionals and increase your network.
Sustainable Business Strategies: Mastering Transformation and Change
The pace of change in the audiovisual industry has accelerated greatly, posing a variety of challenges for professionals and companies. Therefore, it is more vital than ever to adapt to the marketplace quickly and embrace arising business opportunities to stay afloat.
This workshop welcomes participants who are looking to capitalize on those new opportunities and guides them in assessing their own businesses, analyzing strengths, weaknesses, and potential areas for improvement. Through interactive sessions, attendees will examine the challenges faced by businesses, identify strategic opportunities for growth and innovation and build a roadmap for the future.
Over the course of 3 days, participants get the rare opportunity to reflect and make plans for their business away from day-to-day commitments, closely supported by Head of Studies Juliane Schulze. Case studies of best-practice-examples provide insights to help participants start tackling challenges head-on.
Excellent networking opportunities will allow to connect with European colleagues and to shape future partnerships. Discover unexpected new business opportunities along the way!
|Date||October, 5-7 (excl. travel days)|
|Target Group||Business owners, senior managers/executives and decision-makers|
|Participation Fee||690 Euro (incl. meals, excl. accommodation)|
|Scholarships||Scholarships and discounts are available (details below)|
|max. verfügbare Plätze||To allow for the best experience possible, the maximum number of participants is 12.|
Optional, please select if you would like to book accommodation through us
How do you know the workshop is right for you?
- The challenges and opportunities in the audiovisual industry in disruptive and uncertain times
- Assessing your business, its strengths and the challenges you face
- Anticipating change and its impact on your company
- Conceptualizing your business model with Lean Business Model Canvas
- Creating a vision for your company in the context of a changing market
- Audience-focused innovation, agile approaches and methods
- Seeking and finding investors for your company
- Leading yourself and others with an innovation mindset
- Case studies of successful innovations from the industry
- A large methodical toolbox to deal with change and innovate efficiently
- Define your Unique Selling Proposition (USP) that makes you different from your competitors
- Understand the needs of your customers and how to create value for them
- Gain new perspectives to help build a sustainable and profitable business
- Learn to create, structure and experiment with new ideas with the help of innovation tools
- Learn about approaches to increase the innovation potential in your company
- Gain access to international experts from different disciplines
- Get inspired and supported by a peer group of industry professionals
- Expand your pan-European professional network
program scheudle draft 2023
Business Case Studies 2023
Potemkino - Peter de Maegd
We are happy to welcome Peter de Maegd as expert for our upcoming workshop Sustainable Business Strategies: Mastering Transformation and Change! Peter will share his insights and explain how he built a sustainable business strategy for his production company Potemkino in Belgium. Potemkino is a Belgian production company with an international reputation for its expertise in combining high quality fiction, innovative formats and international financing. Having produced ambitious films such as Iron Sky 2 and The 55 Steps as well as the series Cold Courage, Peter knows it’s not only about the projects but also the company behind them.
Visit Potemkino's Website: https://www.potemkino.com/
VYVYT - Lilli Berger
Innovation often comes in unexpected und unusual forms. Lilli Berger combined her experience as filmmaker with her training as funeral director to innovate the way we deal with giving our loved ones their final farewell. Her company VYVYT develops virtual 3D memory spaces, especially designed for the context of mourning, helping people to come to terms with their loss. VYVYT demonstrates how Media Arts cannot only be used for entertainment but also for helping with existential problems and crisis. Lilli will present her unusual business concept and explain how she took it from first idea to functioning company.
Visit VYVYT's Website: https://vyvyt.com/
Impressions of 2021
Lighthouse Collaboration Space
Motel One Berlin-Mitte
Please note rooms at the MotelOne are sold out. If you book accommodation through us starting September 25, 2023, you will be accommodated at Grimm's Hotel Berlin-Mitte which is also in walking distance to the workshop venue.
The Motel One Berlin-Mitte's central location in the heart of Kreuzberg makes it a great starting point for exploring this historic city. The Berlin Wall once ran 100 metres behind our affordable design hotel.
During your stay, you will have many opportunities to take in the work with all its details in a pleasant ambience. Whether in the morning during breakfast, in the afternoon with a cappuccino or in the evening with a gin and tonic at the bar: we have definitely reserved a seat for you in our One Lounge. Comfortable seating by Moroso and Diesel with unconventional patterns and prints await you here.
You will also find free W-LAN and friendly staff as usual. Be guest at Motel One in the centre of Berlin and immerse yourself in the city's eventful history during your business trip.
Lunches and dinners are included in the cost of participation. For convenience and a more ecological impact, the menu choice will be oriented towards vegetarian dishes.
scholarships and discounts
Erich Pommer Institut Scholarships
A limited number of mostly partial scholarships is available for nationals of the following countries thanks to our Creative Europe - MEDIA funding: Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia and Slovenia.
Participants from countries that are not part of European Union's MEDIA initiative may still be viable for a scholarship depending on their participation in the MEDIA strand. These countries include: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Iceland, Lichtenstein, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Republic of Serbia and Ukraine.
If you want to apply for a scholarship, please fill out the following form, until September 15, 2023. Do not purchase the workshop, in case you apply for the scholarship.
We encourage all applicants to seek financial support with their national/regional funding bodies.
Other Scholarships and Discounts
Company discounts: The second person from the same company is eligible for a discount of EUR 200 when booking at the same time and at the non-discounted rate. Please contact us to receive the discount code.
Please consider applying for funding in your home countries.
- Belgium / Flanders: Flanders Audiovisual Fund (VAF) training support (contact person: Koen Baeyens)
- Finland: AVEK training supports | The Finnish Film Foundation training supports for distributors and exhibitors (contact person: Ilmari Arnkil)
- Ireland: Screen Ireland Bursary Award
- Lithuania: Lithuanian Film Centre scholarships
- Norway: Norwegian Film Institute support for international initiatives
- Netherlands: Netherlands Film Fund training support
- Poland: Polish Film Institute financial support
- Switzerland: Media Desk Suisse training support
- United Kingdom: Film Hub Scotland | Film Hub Northern Ireland | Film Hub North | Film Hub Midlands | Film Hub Wales (Contact: email@example.com) | Film Hub London | Film Hub South East run by the Independent Cinema Office | Film Hub South West run by Watershed
Please note: Discounts and scholarships are not combinable.
WHAT FORMER PARTICIPANTS SAY
- In a time of constant changes and new challenges it is a wonderful opportunity to get the chance to reflect about innovation and open up your mind for new inspirations and possibilities. And a big thank you to the team for the great organisation and the warm welcome.Christiane Siemen, Creative Europe Desk Hamburg, Germany
- That's probably the best outcome you can get from a training course: advances in your skillset at the same time you meet great people that can become your project partners.Bruno Castro, Somacult, Portugal