DIGITAL DISTRIBUTION will take place on-site following an adequate hygiene concept. The safety and health of everyone involved is our top priority. Thus, should a new travel ban or other developments make an on-site event not possible, the workshop will be held as state-of-the-art live online event. This will be designed specifically for each workshop and will offer a 100% equivalent to the content of the on-site workshop. Accommodation fees will be refunded. Additional benefits and specific networking opportunities will round up this offer.
2020 has forever changed the entertainment industry: shut-down theatres, stopped productions, cancelled release dates as well as film festivals and markets going on-line only. With theatres almost empty and VoD subscriptions soaring, film production and distribution companies must learn to adapt fast to navigate this new landscape and sustain their businesses. Here is where the crucial importance of alternative distribution models becomes more evident than ever.
DIGITAL DISTRIBUTION will help European producers navigate these troubles waters. The workshop provides an up-to-date overview of the marketplace, including today’s key players as well as hands-on tips and tools to monetize content and reach wider audiences. International industry experts, current examples and case studies of new deals being made as well as new ways of building a successful distribution strategy help participants take the next step. Various networking opportunities allow to connect with the experts as well as fellow European colleagues and build long-lasting business relationships.
|Format||Interactive on-site workshop|
|Date||December 10-12 (excl. travel days)|
|Participant fee||early bird 690 EUR (incl. meals, excl. accommodation) until October 26 | regular 890 EUR (incl. meals, excl. accommodation)|
|Scholarships||Scholarships and discounts available (details below)|
PANDEMIC-RELATED PRECAUTIONS 2020
what digital distribution offers
- New players and business opportunities in today’s marketplace
- Running and sustaining a business in uncertain times
- Monetizing your back catalogue
- The digital distribution agreement – key deal points
- Direct sales and distribution, including hybrid models
- Successful distribution strategies and marketing campaigns
- Cutting-edge case studies
- Latest expertise from internationally acclaimed trainers
- Opportunity to test and apply the acquired knowledge on-site
- Excellent networking opportunities during the workshop as well as at our social evening programme
- An active and interdisciplinary group of participants and industry experts
- Opportunity to establish valuable and long-lasting business relationships with audiovisual professionals from all over Europe
programme schedule 2020 will be announced soon
Experts 2020 include (Further tba)
Previous Case studies include (Case studies 2020 tba)
Scholarships and discounts
Erich Pommer Institut Scholarships
A limited amount of mostly partial scholarships is available for nationals of the following countries: Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, FYROM, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, Montenegro, Norway, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Ukraine.
Please do not register above if applying for a scholarship. To apply, fill in this application form before October 26.
Other Scholarships and discounts
early bird discount: Register early to benefit from a EUR 200 discount until October 26.
Company discounts: The second person from the same company is eligible for a discount of EUR 200 when booking at the same time and at the non-discounted rate. Please contact us to receive the discount code.
Please also consider applying for funding in your home countries.
German funding possibility: Bildungsprämie des Bundesministeriums für Bildung und Forschung
Please note: Discounts and scholarships are not combinable.
What former participants say
- Thank you for an excellent workshop that provided up-to-date information and deep insight into Digital Distribution on a high professional level. The spirit was equally wonderful and networking among experts and fellow participants easy and fruitful. I will definitely recommend EPI workshops in my film network.Tina Leeb, fastforward, Germany
- Digital Distribution was a well-structured 3-day seminar with excellent tutors, all organized in a cool, calm, tone in Berlin. It was truly inspiring and gave a lot of thoughts and ideas that will be brought to life soon. I’d do it again if possible!Pelle Folmer, 1606 ApS., Denmark
- Thank you for illuminating 3 days! The scope and timeliness of information and the expertise (and enthusiasm) of the trainers at the seminar provided valuable insights, and inspired my thinking about what is possible in the development of my projects.Beth Sanders, CROWFOOT FILMS, UK
- The workshop provides filmmakers with a great insight into new opportunities and up-to-date knowledge from crowdfunding to digital distribution and marketing.Thorben Bockelmann, BROADVIEW TV, Germany