Digital Distribution - Maximizing Reach and Revenues
2020 has forever changed the entertainment industry: shut-down theatres, stopped productions, cancelled release dates as well as film festivals and markets going on-line only. With theatres almost empty and VoD subscriptions soaring, film production and distribution companies must learn to adapt fast to navigate this new landscape and sustain their businesses. Here is where the crucial importance of alternative distribution models becomes more evident than ever.
DIGITAL DISTRIBUTION will help European producers navigate these troubles waters. The workshop provides an up-to-date overview of the marketplace, including today’s key players as well as hands-on tips and tools to monetize content and reach wider audiences. International industry experts, current examples and case studies of new deals being made as well as new ways of building a successful distribution strategy help participants take the next step. Various networking opportunities allow to connect with the experts as well as fellow European colleagues and build long-lasting business relationships.
|Target Group||Industry professionals interested in the opportunities of digital distribution|
|Participation Fee||690€ (incl. meals, excl. accommodation)|
|Scholarships||Scholarships and discounts will be available|
Register here to receive updates
what digital distribution offers
- New players and business opportunities in today’s marketplace
- Running and sustaining a business in uncertain times
- Monetizing your back catalogue
- The digital distribution agreement – key deal points
- Direct sales and distribution, including hybrid models
- Successful distribution strategies and marketing campaigns
- Cutting-edge case studies
- Latest expertise from internationally acclaimed trainers
- Opportunity to test and apply the acquired knowledge
- Interactive sessions with space for questions and exchange
- Excellent networking opportunities
- An active and interdisciplinary group of participants and industry experts
- Opportunity to establish valuable and long-lasting business relationships with audiovisual professionals from all over Europe
preliminary programme schedule
Experts 2022 were
Case studies 2022 were
Erich Pommer Institut Scholarships
A limited number of mostly partial scholarships will be available for nationals of the following countries thanks to our Creative Europe - MEDIA funding: Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia and Slovenia.
Participants from countries that are not part of European Union's MEDIA initiative may still be viable for a scholarship depending on their participation in the MEDIA strand. These countries include: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Iceland, Lichtenstein, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Republic of Serbia and Ukraine.
We encourage all applicants to seek financial support with their national/regional funding bodies.
What former participants say
- Thank you for illuminating 3 days! The scope and timeliness of information and the expertise (and enthusiasm) of the trainers at the seminar provided valuable insights, and inspired my thinking about what is possible in the development of my projects.Beth Sanders, CROWFOOT FILMS, UK
- The Digital Distribution Workshop by EPI is the perfect tool for enhancing my knowledge on the distribution market. It was very useful in these days when the traditional model is rapidly changing. I do appreciate an excellent organization of on-line workshop and high level of experts.Jindrich Trcka, COFILM, Czech Republic
- The workshop offers great inside and detailed information on the current situation of digital distribution and marketing. It gave me a lot of hands on advice and ideas on how to plan new projects and reevaluate existing distribution strategies. I definitely have a long to do list now!Sophie Ahrens, Schuldenberg Films, Germany