Digital Distribution - Maximizing Reach and Revenues
2020 has forever changed the entertainment industry: shut-down theatres, stopped productions, cancelled release dates as well as film festivals and markets going on-line only. With theatres almost empty and VoD subscriptions soaring, film production and distribution companies must learn to adapt fast to navigate this new landscape and sustain their businesses. Here is where the crucial importance of alternative distribution models becomes more evident than ever.
DIGITAL DISTRIBUTION will help European producers navigate these troubles waters. The workshop provides an up-to-date overview of the marketplace, including today’s key players as well as hands-on tips and tools to monetize content and reach wider audiences. International industry experts, current examples and case studies of new deals being made as well as new ways of building a successful distribution strategy help participants take the next step. Various networking opportunities allow to connect with the experts as well as fellow European colleagues and build long-lasting business relationships.
|Date||December 1-3, 2022 (excl. travel days)|
|Target Group||Industry professionals interested in the opportunities of digital distribution|
|Participation Fee||Early Bird until October 21: 590 EUR (incl. meals, excl. accommodation)|
|Scholarships||Scholarships and discounts available (details below)|
Register here to receive updates
Online Info Session
Online info session on November 2, 2022 at 18:00 (CET)
Interested to learn more about the workshop? Then join our online info session on November 2 at 18:00 (CET) to find out about the program, experts and benefits the workshop offers.
Register here for free.
COVID-19 NOTE (SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
DIGITAL DISTRIBUTION will take place on-site following an adequate hygiene concept adapted to the current regulations. The safety and health of everyone involved is our top priority. Find more information on EPI's rules regarding on-site events here.
Please note that our Terms and Conditions still apply and costs will still occur in case of a cancellation due to an infection which prohibits your participation in the workshop.
what digital distribution offers
- New players and business opportunities in today’s marketplace
- Running and sustaining a business in uncertain times
- Monetizing your back catalogue
- The digital distribution agreement – key deal points
- Direct sales and distribution, including hybrid models
- Successful distribution strategies and marketing campaigns
- Cutting-edge case studies
- Latest expertise from internationally acclaimed trainers
- Opportunity to test and apply the acquired knowledge
- Interactive sessions with space for questions and exchange
- Excellent networking opportunities
- An active and interdisciplinary group of participants and industry experts
- Opportunity to establish valuable and long-lasting business relationships with audiovisual professionals from all over Europe
programme schedule 2020
Experts 2020 were
Case studies 2020 were
Workshop Venue and Accommodation
The Catalonia Berlin Mitte hotel
The Catalonia Berlin Mitte hotel owes its name to its central location in the city’s Mitte district, just 10–15 minutes’ walk from Museum Island and 15–20 minutes’ walk to Alexanderplatz and historical Nikoleiviertel; Berlin’s entertainment area full of typical restaurants. The hotel is located just in front of the Heinrich Heine Metro Station (U8, two stops to Alexanderplatz).
Opened in February 2014 and located in a building dating from 1911 with an austere facade, typical garage entry leading into a quiet courtyard. The hotel has a unique lifestyle charm recreating the essence of Berlin with its industrial style, raw walls and graffitis in each floor created by well-known berliner artists. The 131 hotel rooms are spacious, modern and fully equipped and offer a perfect atmosphere for all kind of travelers.
Decorated by Barcelona based Interiorists “Denis von Arend” walls, ceilings and other building elements take an unusual prominence exposing the historical memory of the building that will captivate the customer. The hotel has a unique lifestyle charm recreating the essence of Berlin with its industrial style, raw walls and graffitis in each floor created by well-known berliner artists. All this is backed by an excellent service, functionality and comfort guaranteed by the Catalonia H&R Stamp, that will provide our Guests an unforgettable experience.
Scholarships and discounts
Erich Pommer Institut Scholarships
A limited number of mostly partial scholarships is available for nationals of the following countries thanks to our Creative Europe - MEDIA funding: Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia and Slovenia.
Participants from countries that are not part of European Union's MEDIA initiative may still be viable for a scholarship depending on their participation in the MEDIA strand. These countries include: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Iceland, Lichtenstein, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Republic of Serbia and Ukraine.
Please apply for a scholarship via this link until October 14 (end of day). Do not register for the workshop when applying for a scholarship.
We encourage all applicants to seek financial support with their national/regional funding bodies.
Other Scholarships and discounts
Company discounts: The second person from the same company is eligible for a discount of EUR 200 when booking at the same time and at the non-discounted rate. Please contact us to receive the discount code.
Please consider applying for funding in your home countries.
- Finnish funding possibilities: AVEK training supports | The Finnish Film Foundation training supports
- Lithuanian funding possibility: Lithuanian Film Centre scholarships
- Polish funding possibility: Polish Film Institute financial support
Please note: Discounts and scholarships are not combinable.
What former participants say
- Thank you for illuminating 3 days! The scope and timeliness of information and the expertise (and enthusiasm) of the trainers at the seminar provided valuable insights, and inspired my thinking about what is possible in the development of my projects.Beth Sanders, CROWFOOT FILMS, UK
- The Digital Distribution Workshop by EPI is the perfect tool for enhancing my knowledge on the distribution market. It was very useful in these days when the traditional model is rapidly changing. I do appreciate an excellent organization of on-line workshop and high level of experts.Jindrich Trcka, COFILM, Czech Republic
- The workshop offers great inside and detailed information on the current situation of digital distribution and marketing. It gave me a lot of hands on advice and ideas on how to plan new projects and reevaluate existing distribution strategies. I definitely have a long to do list now!Sophie Ahrens, Schuldenberg Films, Germany