Essential Legal Framework
The workshop provides exclusive insights into the making of European
co-productions as well as legal and finance in production and distribution. Participants benefit from the experience of acclaimed European producers and leading experts in the world of filmmaking and learn from the masterminds of an ever-changing world of international sales and distribution. Various networking opportunities allow to connect with European colleagues and to shape future partnerships.
The training offers relevant information and provides hands-on tips to successfully handle the complexities of European co-productions.
|Date||November 20 - 24, 2019|
|Participant fee||€ 890 (incl. meals, excl. accommodation) / € 1.410 (incl. meals & accommodation)|
Nov 20 - 24, 2019 (incl. travel days)
- The Financial Landscape in Europe and Beyond
- Funding Strategies: Public & Private Financing Sources, Banks and Bonds
- Revenue Sharing & Waterfall Scenarios
Legal Framework & Deals
- Bilateral Treaties and European Convention on Cinematographic Co-Production
- Step-by-Step Analysis of a Typical Co-Production Agreement
- Expert Tips on How to Protect Your Interests
Sales & Distribution
- Marketing, Sales and Distribution Strategy
- New Industry Players and Business Models
Industry Realities, Practical Tools & Tips
- Broad Industry Overview and a Look Into the Future
- Exclusive Insights from Cutting-Edge Case Studies
- Hands-on Tools for Devising a Financing Strategy
CASE STUDIES 2019
Programme schedule draft 2019
What former participants say
- The seminar was really interesting, it was good to learn and see how other production companies all over Europe (and the world) work and how co-productions are made. The case studies were good examples but also talking to the other participants gave a good idea and more insight in the world of international co-production.Hanneke Bosman, BosBros, The Netherlands
- This workshop provides a perfect platform to refresh and update your know-how on financing, legal and practical aspects of the European co-production business. But most of all it caters for a perfect environment to meet existing and future partners on exciting and inspiring projects.Robin Kerremans, Caviar, Belgium
- I highly recommend this workshop for producers from developing countries, as it provides insights into the European approach to filmmaking and opens up new doors!Elene Margvelashvili, Parachute Films, Georgia/ UK
venue and accommodation
H10 Puerta de Alcalá ****
The H10 Puerta de Alcalá is located near El Retiro Park, in Madrid's exclusive Salamanca neighbourhood. Fully refurbished in 2016, it includes elegant rooms, the Alcalá Restaurant for breakfasts, the Lobby Bar, specialising in gourmet coffee and serving delicious Mediterranean tapas, 4 meeting rooms and the impressive El Cielo de Alcalá terrace, situated on the top floor and featuring a plunge pool and panoramic views over the city.
Click here for more information
scholarships and discounts
Erich Pommer Institut Scholarships
Partial and full scholarships are available for nationals of these countries: Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, Montenegro, Norway, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Ukraine.
The scholarship application deadline for this year's workshop has passed. Please contact Nora Weber for further information.
Other Scholarships and Discounts
Company discounts: The second person from the same company is eligible for a € 200 discount when booking at the same time and at the non-discounted rate. Please contact us to receive the discount code.
For Germans: Eine Förderung der Weiterbildung über die Bildungsprämie des Bundesministeriums für Bildung und Forschung ist möglich. Achtung: Die Bildungsprämie ist nicht mit einem Stipendium des EPI kombinierbar! Weitere Informationen unter: www.bildungspraemie.info