Please note you are booking the workshop without accommodation. Hotel accommodation will be available for optional booking shortly. Please contact Nora Weber for further information.
Essential Legal Framework
The workshop provides exclusive insights into the making of European
co-productions as well as legal and finance in production and distribution. Participants benefit from the experience of acclaimed European producers and leading experts in the world of filmmaking and learn from the masterminds of an ever-changing world of international sales and distribution. Various networking opportunities allow to connect with European colleagues and to shape future partnerships.
The training offers relevant information and provides hands-on tips to successfully handle the complexities of European co-productions.
|Date||November 20 - 24, 2019|
|Participant fee||€ 690 (early bird until September 30) | € 890 (incl. meals, excl. accomodation)|
- The Financial Landscape in Europe and Beyond
- Funding Strategies: Public & Private Financing Sources, Banks and Bonds
- Revenue Sharing & Waterfall Scenarios
Legal Framework & Deals
- Bilateral Treaties and European Convention on Cinematographic Co-Production
- Step-by-Step Analysis of a Typical Co-Production Agreement
- Expert Tips on How to Protect Your Interests
Sales & Distribution
- Marketing, Sales and Distribution Strategy
- New Industry Players and Business Models
Industry Realities, Practical Tools & Tips
- Broad Industry Overview and a Look Into the Future
- Exclusive Insights from Cutting-Edge Case Studies
- Hands-on Tools for Devising a Financing Strategy
Experts 2019 (amongst others)
case studies 2019 will be announced soon. Former Case studies include
the Programme schedule 2019 will be announced soon
What former participants say
- The seminar was really interesting, it was good to learn and see how other production companies all over Europe (and the world) work and how co-productions are made. The case studies were good examples but also talking to the other participants gave a good idea and more insight in the world of international co-production.Hanneke Bosman, BosBros, The Netherlands
- This workshop provides a perfect platform to refresh and update your know-how on financing, legal and practical aspects of the European co-production business. But most of all it caters for a perfect environment to meet existing and future partners on exciting and inspiring projects.Robin Kerremans, Caviar, Belgium
- I highly recommend this workshop for producers from developing countries, as it provides insights into the European approach to filmmaking and opens up new doors!Elene Margvelashvili, Parachute Films, Georgia/ UK
Erich Pommer Institut Scholarships
APPLICATION DEADLINE: September 30, 2019
Partial and full scholarships are available for nationals of these countries: Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, Montenegro, Norway, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Ukraine.
Please do not to register above if applying for a scholarship. Apply here by September 30.
You are not from one of these countries or have any questions? Please contact Nora Weber.
Other Scholarships and Discounts
Madrid Scholarships: A limited amount of scholarships is available for local participants from Madrid, with an application deadline on September 30. Please contact Nora Weber for further information.
Company discounts: The second person from the same company is eligible for a € 200 discount when booking at the same time and at the non-discounted rate. Please contact us to receive the discount code.
For Germans: Eine Förderung der Weiterbildung über die Bildungsprämie des Bundesministeriums für Bildung und Forschung ist möglich. Achtung: Die Bildungsprämie ist nicht mit einem Stipendium des EPI kombinierbar! Weitere Informationen unter: www.bildungspraemie.info