- Understand the complexities of European co-production (Bilateral treaties and European Convention on Cinematographic Co-Production)
- Learn about funding strategies and legal framework
- Understand revenue sharing and waterfall scenarios
- Get hands-on advise on a market, festivals’ and distribution strategy
- Get exclusive insights from cutting-edge case studies
- Listen to the masterminds of international sales
This workshop provides exclusive insights into the making of European co-productions as well as legal and finance in production and distribution. Participants benefit from the experience of acclaimed European producers and leading experts in the world of filmmaking and learn from the masterminds of an ever-changing world of international sales and distribution.
The training offers relevant information on the various tax incentives and state subsidy programmes and gives participants the knowledge to successfully handle the complexities of European co-productions.
|Date||November 14-18, 2018 tbc|
|Participant fee||1.290 EUR | Participation fee (incl. hotel & meals) |
870 EUR | Participation fee (excl. hotel & incl. meals)
case studies 2017 included
Previous case studies
The training includes excellent networking opportunities - during the seminar as well as at our social evening programme.
- Benefit from acclaimed producers and leading experts from different disciplines
- Establish valuable and long-lasting business contacts with media professionals from all over Europe
experts 2017 included
What former participants say
- The seminar was a truly enriching experience in every respect. The accumulated knowledge acquired improved my understanding. Altogether highly positive in both professional and human terms.Martina Ecker, ndF: neue deutsche Filmgesellschaft mbH, Germany
- I was taught more in 3 days in this seminar than in 3 years in a film school.Tomas Hruby, Nutprodukce, Czech Republic
- The seminar was really interesting, it was good to learn and see how other production companies all over Europe (and the world) work and how co-productions are made. The case studies were good examples but also talking to the other participants gave a good idea and more insight in the world of international co-production.Hanneke Bosman, BosBros, The Netherlands
Regular participation (incl. accommodation and meals):
1st person: EUR 1.290,00 | 2nd person from same company: EUR 990,00
For residents (excl. accommodation, incl. meals):
1st person: EUR 870,00 | 2nd person from same company: EUR 670,00
For Swiss Partcipants
Regular participation for Swiss participants (including accommodation and meals):
1st person: EUR 1.000 | 2nd person from same company: EUR 750
For resident Swiss participants (excl. accommodation, incl. meals):
1st person: EUR 600 | 2nd person from same company: EUR 450
A limited number of (mostly partial) scholarships is available. These are awarded in priority to professionals from the new EU member states.
Please contact Nora Weber (email@example.com | T: +49 (0)331 721 28 82) for further information. Please do not register online if you are planning to apply for a scholarship.
>> For Germans: Eine Förderung der Weiterbildung über die Bildungsprämie des Bundesministeriums für Bildung und Forschung ist möglich. Weitere Informationen unter:
Achtung: Die Bildungsprämie ist nicht mit einem Stipendium des EPI kombinierbar!