- Rights clearance strategies
- Copyright and its exemptions (Fair Use, parody etc.)
- Turning real life into film: Clearing personality rights
- Everybody’s nightmare? Clearing music rights
- Clearing trademarks, artwork and landmarks
- Who is paying? How E&O insurance works
- Global perspective: Cases in different national jurisdictions
- Learning from the US: Rights’ clearance management at US Majors
- Clearing rights for documentaries and factual entertainment
Rights clearance is becoming increasingly important, both nationally and internationally.
Scripts based on real stories, a Warhol poster in the background of a scene, and a protagonist humming a Robbie Williams song – not all rights contained in a script or a film are that obvious. Only a detailed analysis can avoid cost-intensive pitfalls.
Workshop results include:
- practical knowledge to identify and clear rights fast & effectively
- teaching combined theoretical and practical work on the case
- including best practices and strategies
Previous Case Studies INCLUDE
The training included excellent networking opportunities - during the seminar as well as at our social evening programme.
- Benefited from an active group of participants and industry experts from different disciplines
- Established valuable and long-lasting business contacts with media professionals from all over Europe
- Shared their ideas and got professional feedback in unique Expert Speed Dating session
- Gained the latest expertise from internationally acclaimed trainers
Previous Experts include
What participants of 2018 sAID
- I really enjoyed being surrounded by people and experts who are working in the same industry. National examples and cases have broadened the point of view and outlook. International experience, tips (especially from USA) – masterpiece!Simona Mikenaite, AVAKA, Lithuania
- Thank you EPI for the perfect organisation of this information-packed seminar with A-list lawyers. Invaluable. I met my objectives by getting answers to all my questions. And met some fun people.Cornelius Schregle, Backdrop Switzerland, Switzerland
Regular participation (incl. accommodation and meals):
1st person € 1.290,00 | 2nd person from same company € 990,00
For residents (excl. accommodation, incl. meals):
1st person € 890,00 | 2nd person from same company € 690,00
For Swiss Partcipants
Regular participation for Swiss participants (including accommodation and meals):
1st person: EUR 1.000 | 2nd person from same company: EUR 750
For resident Swiss participants (excl. accommodation, incl. meals):
1st person: EUR 600 | 2nd person from same company: EUR 450
Swiss participants are kindly asked to contact Nora Weber (+49 (0) 331.721 28 82 | email@example.com) before they apply in order to get their personal registration code for the reduced participation fee.
A limited number of (mostly partial) scholarships is available. These are awarded in priority to professionals from the new EU member states.
Please contact Nora Weber (firstname.lastname@example.org | T: +49 (0)331 721 2882) for further information.
Please do not register online if you are planning to apply for a scholarship.
>> For Germans: Eine Förderung der Weiterbildung über die Bildungsprämie des Bundesministeriums für Bildung und Forschung ist möglich. Weitere Informationen unter: www.bildungspraemie.info
Achtung: Die Bildungsprämie ist nicht mit einem Stipendium des EPI kombinierbar!