The workshop scheduled to take place in early June has being postponed in light of the Corona crisis. Replacement dates will be announced soon.
Scripts based on real stories, a Warhol poster in the background of a scene, and a protagonist humming a Robbie Williams song – not all rights contained in a script or a film are that obvious. Only a detailed analysis can avoid cost-intensive pitfalls.
With the rise of the streamers, rights clearance is becoming increasingly important, both nationally and internationally. The three-day workshop offers a comprehensive overview of rights clearance strategies and the necessary legal knowledge. Top industry experts and state-of-the-art case studies help participants develop a deep understanding of the topic in a surprisingly entertaining way. Excellent networking opportunities round off this intensive workshop.
|Participant fee||890 EUR (incl. meals, excl. accommodation)|
- Rights clearance strategies
- Copyright and its exemptions (Fair Use, parody etc.)
- Turning real life into film: Clearing personality rights
- Everybody’s nightmare? Clearing music rights
- Who is paying? How E&O insurance works
- The big players: Clearing rights at US majors and the streamers
- Clearing trademarks, artwork and landmarks: The creative approach
- Global perspective: Cases in different national jurisdictions
- Clearing rights for documentaries and factual entertainment
- Combining legal and creative
- Practical knowledge to identify and clear rights fast & effectively
- Learning from theoretical and practical work on cases
- Deep insight into best practices and strategies
- Latest expertise from internationally acclaimed trainers
- Excellent networking opportunities during the workshop as well as at our social evening programme
- An active and interdisciplinary group of participants and industry experts
- Opportunity to establish valuable and long-lasting business relationships with audiovisual professionals from all over Europe
programme Schedule 2018
Previous Experts include
scholarships and discounts
Erich Pommer Institut Scholarships
A limited amount of mostly partial scholarships is available for nationals of the following countries: Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, FYROM, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, Montenegro, Norway, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Ukraine.
Please do not to register above if applying for a scholarship. To apply, fill in the application form.
UPDATE (April 2020): A new deadline for scholarship applications will be announced soon.
Other scholarships and discounts
early bird discount: Register early to benefit from a EUR 200 discount
Company discounts: The second person from the same company is eligible for a discount of EUR 200 when booking at the same time and at the non-discounted rate. Please contact us to receive the discount code.
Please also consider applying for funding in your home countries.
German funding possibility: Bildungsprämie des Bundesministeriums für Bildung und Forschung
Please note: Discounts and scholarships are not combinable.
UPDATE (April 2020): A new deadline for the early bird discount will be announced soon.
What former participants sAy
- I can think of no better context than this to learn more about clearing rights. With real examples and know-how shared by experts you’d not normally have access to, there is something valuable here for everyone working in film and TV production or media law.Judi Sydes, Diagonal TV, Spain
- I really enjoyed being surrounded by people and experts who are working in the same industry. National examples and cases have broadened the point of view and outlook. International experience, tips (especially from USA) – masterpiece!Simona Mikenaite, AVAKA, Lithuania
- Thank you EPI for the perfect organisation of this information-packed seminar with A-list lawyers. Invaluable. I met my objectives by getting answers to all my questions. And met some fun people.Cornelius Schregle, Backdrop Switzerland, Switzerland